Friday, August 2, 2013

trending: clear frame eyeglasses

The past few years have been about bringing back trends from the 1900's. We've seen daring dresses and fur coats from the 20's, simple and girly dresses from the 50's, high-waisted everything and knotted shirts from the 90's, etc. Today I'll be talking about a trend from the 70's that I totally dig: clear frame eyeglasses.

If the image you get upon reading that is Napoleon Dynamite, then we're on the same page. Clear frame eyeglasses are exactly what they sound like. At first, the sight of them could only remind me of an afro'd dude with a "Vote for Pedro" shirt. Eventually, the trend grew on me and now I'm dying to get my hands on a pair.


I think what I like is the minimalism that comes with these glasses. Wearing glasses with colored frames draws more attention to the frame than the eyes; with these clear frames, any eye makeup you wear will be more visible. Besides that, you'll never have to worry about the frames clashing with your outfit because, well, clear goes with everything. Lastly, I love how unique they are. It's not every day you see someone wearing clear-framed eyeglasses; they're sure to get a remark or two.



My excuse for getting these is that the new school year is starting. I need to see. ;)

What do you think? Love it? Hate it? Make sure to let us know in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment