Tuesday, July 1, 2014

color the world

Hey y'all,

This past weekend was Pride Weekend, a time to support and embrace the LGBTQ community, and San Francisco was packed with people celebrating.

The Pride Parade was on Sunday, but I went on Saturday so I unfortunately was unable to see the parade, but I had a great time, nonetheless! There were tons of people wearing crazy outfits and it was all very eccentric, but I loved it. I love that this weekend was a time where folks weren't afraid to let their freak flags fly-- cute, creatively decorated bras, tutus, crazy open-ended suspender tight things. People were wearing every color under the sun. It was completely and absolutely crazy and fun and definitely a sight to see.

Here is my Pride outfit! Not as colorful as a lot of others, but I guess it's more colorful than anything I usually? I don't know.


COLOR THE WORLD
FOREVER 21 top and necklace // GAP shorts // H&M jacket and shoes // HAND-ME-DOWN bag // STREET VENDOR lei



Details


*Sorry about the shine*
NYX BRAND eyeshadow // STILA liquid liner


Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of pictures of Pride but here are a couple taken there.


Overpriced food trucks are my jam. (There were a lot.)

Of course, amidst all the fun and celebration, we can't forget what Pride supports and fights for. LGBT rights and equality are still a major issue in the US. Same-sex marriage is legal in 19 states, but there is still work to do in order to make it legal nationwide. As a country, we have begun to become more accepting, but there is still a lot prejudice, unfortunately. There is hope for equality, and events like Pride are really great for getting people to have fun and come together!

Catch you all later,
Daysia




No comments:

Post a Comment