Monday, July 29, 2013

summer daze: on the road pt. 1

Howdy y'all! It's me, Dana, blogging live from New York City. For the past two weeks I've been at writing camp, but now I have a whole week to explore the city, shop, and blog, of course! Here's what I've been up to so far (crappy quality photos are from my iPhone, good quality photos courtesy of Ashley Yu):


The view from my 25th floor dorm at Juilliard was gorgeous. The dorm itself, not so much. I don't have a picture, but man, Juilliard dorms are pretty shabby. (The food's great however.)


Note: Christian Coulson, who appeared in A Picture of Autumn, played Tom Riddle in HP2. He is very very very attractive.



The Strand is the best bookstore ever. Where else can you get 6 books and a Gatsby sweater for a little over $100?



Third time seeing my faaaavorite musical.


We went to museums such as MoMA and the Met, where I saw these beautiful Pissaros and this lovely Monet. 


Fourth of July is fun, even for non-citizens such as myself.


They hid a burger joint (with crazily eclectic music selections--French opera then Mumford and Sons then hard rock) inside a classy hotel! They let us write on the walls, so I confessed my love to Logan Lerman.


New York City is a foodie's paradise. Taken at Chelsea Market and Grom Gelato.


Highline Park is perfect for pictures. (And alliteration.)

Of course, I also did a lot of writing at camp, as well. I learned and improved so much while enjoying New York culture. Overall, I'm having a blast! The weather is mad hot, but that's what air conditioning and gelato is for. Thanks for staying tuned!

-Dana











No comments:

Post a Comment